Freshwater Fish Finders
Do you ever wonder how you will ever locate those dream fish in large, deep water, especially during the winter season? Do not despair as technology has made it possible with a device that will become as essential as your rod and reel when you next go fishing. Fish finders can help you find and detect fish in any body of water. Fish finders are essential in today’s fishing, but when it comes to freshwater fish finders, you need to consider the main features that can make all the difference to your needs:
• Frequency – Transducers with a higher frequency, show more detail on the screen. A higher frequency means more sonar waves that are able to bring out a clearer and more accurate image of what is in the depths below.
• Power – This is also another major factor to consider before getting a fish finder. The fish finder with more wattage has the advantage of displaying the readings faster and deeper than a lowerpowered finder which is slow and only provides shallow readings. Deep water bodies call for a finder that has more power than the shallow waters.
• Transducer – This is the unit which gives out and receives the sonar readings in the water. When it transmits, they hit objectswhich is then reflected back to the transducer, giving a visual of what is directly below you.go to this website http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/outdoors/fl-fishing-report-online-0212-20160211-story.html
• Screen resolution –For a super sharp and crisp image, it is worthwhile to invest in buying a higher resolution screen. This means a larger screen with a higher resolution that will give you a better display. Therefore, settle on the best finder you can afford – you will not regret it.
• Color screens – A color fish finder is a factor that allows you to get a wide range of shades rather than a single one. The color screen help see in bright light and is even betterin dark and cloudy conditions.
• Cone angles and beams – How wide a beam is sent, depends largely on the cone angle. Just like the cone shape, the larger the surface at the bottom, the larger the area that will be covered in freshwater. Also in deep water, a really wide cone diminishes the sensitivity as it gets deeper.read review here!
• Material of the transducer – Plastic material is mainly used despite many other materials being available. Plastic is recommended for metal and fiberglass hulls while the stainless steel is recommended for wood and fiberglass hulls.
Above are the common fish finder features that you must look for while purchasing one for freshwater. If you check on the fish finder reviews especially on freshwater fishing, you will find more details, such as extra features like a temperature gauge which helps locate ideal temperatures which is perfect of a particular species of fish. Be careful not to get duped into purchasing a fish finder that is not of a high standard. Do your research first, be knowledgeable and you will be the king of freshwater fishermenvery soon. Tight lines!